Hello! I have been given the Beautiful Blogger award by the very talented Monica over at quilt while you’re ahead or, ‘she who gives me crochet and house envy’ as Monica is known in my head. It made me smile and so I am making a point of passing this along before I get distracted as I know my track record for passing along awards isn’t great, sorry. I am therefore required to reveal 7 random things about myself, and then pass the award along to another 2 bloggers.
1. Despite eating like a horse, I used to be naturally very, very slim and I hated it. At around 30 I had a bit of a metabolism change which, followed by having 2 children has left me a bit on the podgy side (I’m being polite here). As most of you know, I am now running which is helping to get me back into shape, hurrah!
2. I like dyeing my hair. I grew up with a bob and a 1920’s fixation but started hair modeling for Vidal Sassoon (= free haircuts) during my Art College days where they gave me a very short, very blonde crop. I have been dyeing it on and off since and for the past few years it has been red and short. I also yo-yo between long and short hair. I get bored quite easily.
3. I love cooking. My Father was a superb cook, a Yorkshire farmer who cooked 10 course dinner parties for his friends during the early 80’s and who introduced me to eating all sorts of exciting and exotic food at a young age. My sister and brother are also keen cooks so his influence has lasted. Oh, my Mum is pretty good as well!
4. My Father died on my 13th Birthday in a road accident. I have never known it any differently, this has been the way my life has gone and I don’t think about it too much to be honest. I miss him more for my Mother’s sake than I do for myself, I think it just made my brother, sister and me more independent. It would, of course, be lovely if he hadn’t died, I would like to able to have a conversation with him now I’m a ‘grown up’.
5. I hate raw tomatoes. I grow loads in the garden and cook with them all the time but raw they turn my stomach, if someone is eating a raw tomato like it’s an apple I have to turn away. In fact even thinking about that makes me a little queasy!
6. I had private singing lessons throughout secondary school and loved it. No, you will NEVER see me on X-Factor as I don’t do singing in public and I have no illusions that I can sing for more than my own pleasure.
7. I’m addicted to Bendicks Bittermints. If you’re remembering random fact 1, I will point out I only eat one a day but I do like that one, usually after my Tea (that’s Dinner to all none Northern folk) and if it’s missing or the boys/men of the house have eaten them all I get a bit grumpy so I have to hide them in unusual spots.
OK, not so much random as just things you don’t know about me.
I would like to pass this along to:
Julie of Forest Poppy
Justine of Sew Justine Sew
Both lovely ladies whose blogs I very much enjoy to read.
The Oopsy in the title refers to my blogging still not being back on track, I thought maybe if I just distract you with the blog award post you might not notice, but I am home alone with the boys at the moment a little sleep deprived. Next post is number 100 (whoop, whoop!) so the Linen Cat/Bunny giveaway is on, I have taken the photos and hope to write it over the weekend, where I will be on a fly by visit to Yorkshire for a School reunion (mine, obviously, I don’t just gatecrash other peoples), MINUS KIDS!!! I assume with no children around I will be stuck for things to do 😉