Update: Thanks for all your lovely comments, all the Mr Badgers have now sold and I am thrilled at such a positive response. Thank you 🙂
Yesterday I finally finished the badgers.
The finishing touches such as making up the rose brooches, stitching noses and sewing on buttons have taken me a lot longer than I’d imagined,
in fact I still have one badger body to complete, I ran out of stuffing and he needs a bit more in his belly,
on which note, I should say that the only disappointment in the lovely badgers is that their waistcoats are a bit too snug. This is partly because the tweed I’ve used for the bodies is very stretchy and soft and has expanded more than expected when stuffed and the corduroy doesn’t stretch in the same way the linen does, I’ve also opted for very chunky buttons that don’t help the situation. I did um and ah about whether to re-make them but I don’t have enough time or fabric and I’m pretty sure it’s just me being a perfectionist.
The cravats are in Liberty ‘Claire-Aude’, a nice red and gold floral print which compliments the yellow corduroy suit very nicely.
I’m really, really pleased with these. I only had enough of the tweed to make 5, and I decided to add a little rose brooch to each, they have been listed here and I do hope you like them 🙂