Finally the sun came out, just for a moment but long enough for me to snap my work bench.
I find this a very satisfying shot as the flower brooches do take quite a long time to sew. There are lots of steps from making the leaves (free machine embroidery on tweed backed in felt) to cutting all the flower petals, stitching them together, stitching the beads on…twice…because I like them firm and would be really upset if any fell off,
to neatly stitching the backs.
This was the shot I was waiting to take (wonky camera angle there but it’s too late, they need packing up asap). I actually started these before we went on our summer holidays to Yorkshire, I like to take some hand sewing with me for the rainy moments but lucky us, we didn’t really get any so they mostly came back home unstitched. I did finish them over the last few weeks of the school holidays though and shortly afterwards I took the individual shots but no group ones (as above), which are the most satisfying to see.
They are basically a red version of the purple double rose brooch I made in spring.
I like them and the reason there are only six in the card mounted shot is that, that’s all I have left because some of you were very quick off the mark and spotted them listed before I’d blogged them, prompting a hasty packing up and posting off, of quite a few.
The rest are here, along with a re-stock of the usual red and mixed pink roses.